Tonight, the Los Angeles Lakers square off against the Denver Nuggets to open the 2023-24 NBA season; preview, odds, picks, predictions, and injuries for the Lakers vs Nuggets matchup are here. Sportsbooks show the Nuggets as 4.5-point favorites at home. BetOnline odds are below.
Lakers vs. Nuggets Game Preview
Click the Jazz Sports link below to watch the free live stream.
- 🏀 2023-24 NBA Regular Season Matchup: Los Angeles Lakers @ Denver Nuggets
- 📅 2023-24 NBA Regular Season Game Date: Tuesday, October 24, 2023
- 🕙 What time is Lakers vs. Nuggets Game: 7:30 p.m. ET
- 🏟 Where is Lakers vs. Nuggets Game: Ball Arena | Denver, Colorado
- 📺 TV Channel(s): TNT
- 💻 Free 2023-24 NBA Season Game Live Stream: Jazz Sports
- 🎲 2023-24 NBA Season Game Odds: Lakers +4.5 (-110) | Nuggets -4.5 (-110)
Lakers vs. Nuggets Odds
Lakers vs. Nuggets Predictions
Entering tonight’s 2023-24 NBA season opener, the Lakers are aiming to earn their first win against Denver since Dec. 16, 2022. Los Angeles won back-to-back games over the Nuggets in the 2022-23 season. However, the Western Conference contender split the regular-season series 2-2.
Additionally, the Nuggets also swept the Lakers in the 2023 Western Conference Finals. Last season, Los Angeles went 43-39 overall and 27-25 in Western Conference action. The Lakers averaged 6.4 steals, 4.6 blocks, and 13.5 turnovers per game as well.
As for Denver, the reigning NBA champs finished 53-29 overall and 34-18 in Western Conference matchups last season. Not to mention, the Nuggets averaged 115.8 points per game while allowing opponents to score 112.5 points.
Per ESPN’s Basketball Power Index, Denver has a 61.7% chance of defeating the Lakers. All things considered, as long as Nikola Jokic and Jamal Murray stay healthy, the Nuggets should defeat L.A.
Then again, the Lakers’ offseason additions — such as Gabe Vincent, Taurean Prince, and Christian Wood — help make this matchup more interesting. If L.A. manages an upset, that would throw off quite a few predictions.
Lakers vs. Nuggets Injuries
Los Angeles Lakers Injury Report
SF Jarred Vanderbilt (heel; out) | PG Gabe Vincent (back; questionable) | SG Jalen Hood-Schifino (knee; out)
Denver Nuggets Injury Report
SF Vlatko Cancar (knee; out indefinitely) | SF Michael Porter Jr. (ankle; probable) | SG Christian Braun (calf; probable)
NBA Betting Trends
- Los Angeles is 1-5 in its last six games played.
- The Lakers are 0-5 in their past five contests versus the Nuggets.
- Next, L.A. is 1-6 in its previous seven road games against Denver.
- Meanwhile, the Nuggets are 10-1 in their last 11 games.
- The point total has gone under in five of Denver’s past six contests.
- Lastly, Denver is 1-4 ATS in its previous five games played on a Tuesday.
Projected Los Angeles Lakers Starting Lineup
PG D’Angelo Russell | SG Austin Reaves | PF Rui Hachimura | SF LeBron James | C Anthony Davis
Projected Denver Nuggets Starting Lineup
PG Jamal Murray | SG Kentavious Caldwell-Pope | PF Aaron Gordon | SF Hunter Tyson | C Nikola Jokic
NBA Season Opener Picks
Considering Denver is 12-1 in its last 13 home games, the reigning NBA champs have no reason to lose this game against the Lakers. Barring a major injury, the Nuggets will likely win and cover the spread.
Our betting experts here at Basketball Insiders are projecting the Nuggets to win and cover the spread, and the point total is expected to go under 227.5. Denver’s defense could make this contest a low-scoring affair.
Pick the Nuggets to win! Los Angeles has yet to prove it can compete with Denver. If you are new to sports betting, check out our handicap betting guide. More NBA picks and predictions are on the main page.